January 19, 2016
DANGER: PRIMER AND/OR SOLVENT CEMENT/GLUE USED IMPROPERLY WILL PERMANENTLY DAMAGE A PVC OR CPVC VALVE.
- DO NOT allow primer and/or solvent cement to touch any area other than the piping socket.
- USE OF EXCESSIVE AMOUNTS may run, drip or otherwise enter sensitive working parts of the valve.
- THE PROCESS OF CONNECTING THE PIPE OR FITTINGS may squeeze excess solvent cement into the valve body, which will damage the valve.
- FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS provided with the primer and/or solvent cement or adhesive, as well as ASTM standard D2855-96.
- DO NOT USE a valve damaged by solvent cement.